R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
What spare parts should i get for this buggy im thinking spur gears, front and rear arms ?

Also turning the gearbox around to the driver side with the 4 gear mid motor would i need to set the throttle to reverse direction on the radio or just normal ? Or it doesn't matter .

I'm going to run a 10.5 track star motor sensored .
If you are talking about your radio (servo reverse) it really depends on the ESC and radio. Some ESC like it when you reverse this setting, some don't.

As for the car, you shouldn't need to set the ESC or motor to reverse. If you do, either you are running the gears wrong or the motor plate is on the wrong side. MM4 is 4 gear mid motor with motor plate on driver side (left). MM3 is 3 gear mid motor, passenger side (right)

The track star is a decent motor for indoors. Just run a bit of turbo (not boost) about 10 degrees so your top end is comparable to the 8.5.

Spare parts? The car is really strong. I highly doubt you would break anything. If anything, I would suggest the suspension holders as they take a licking and start to develop slop over time. Drive pins for hexes. They are not the clamping type and you can easily loose them. Also get some extra rear wings. Spare ball cups maybe. And the small bearing near the slipper. That is the smallest bearing in the gearbox and it tends to go first.

If you want to go overboard, you can get front and rear arms, and shock towers.