Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #5686
BentKa
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Disappointed by the flaming that Bent is getting.

He's trying to help us all here with his experience of the XB4 and a wise man would take consideration of his words, not argue with him.

Out of my recent 4wd purchases (XB4, D413, ZX6) I've only run the XB4 so far. I did strip a pinion but I put it down to lack of experience on my part; slipper settings and brake settings on ESC are a vital part of setup, which I had wrong.

It's an awesome platform. In terms of build quality, I would put it between the ZX6 and D413 and that's reflective of the price I paid for it. Simple fact - if people weren't willing to pay the price for the XB4, it wouldn't be priced where it is.

I'll put my hand up and say I don't want metal pinions and crowns. I don't think there's a need for them and I hate the noise of metal on metal.
Thanks

It's really getting old now after almost 2 years on this thread.

I guess it's time to sign off RcTech for good and spend the time focusing on the racing instead.

As I said we have the EuroOffroadSeries just around the corner and we have applied for both the 1/10 Buggy and 1/8 Nitro Buggy European Championships as well as the 1/10 Buggy World Championship in Japan next year so we have our work cut out for us.

If anyone wants some tips or feedback on setups etc. feel free to sign up to my daughter's racing blog on Facebook and contact me there

Until thenů..see you at the racetrack

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote