R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida
Old 10-07-2014, 03:53 AM
thejo3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blazeblazucki
I just watched the video from practice day. First thing that did strike me was the track layout. After attending previous WC in Holland, EC in few other countries not saying even comparing to our national events : THIS TRACK ( to be polite) lacks a lot. Layout is so simple that the cars look like they were running on a toy track not professionally prepared track for WC.

there are only same type turns. No roundabouts , no fast chicanes that lead to 180 turn etc. no changes of rhythm . For almost 1/3 of lap you go with almost full throttle ( i doubt that there is a grate need to reduce speed at the end of straight)

Races where we ( localy) make lap times under 10sec are generally considered really poor or super "local club meetings". Track that lacks variety of types of turns often is a open door for drivers that for some unimportant reason prefer this certain type.

Summarizing I did expect more from the track. Happily I had to withdraw this year because of birth of my daughter. Otherwise I would probably be unsatisfied and felt that lot of money had been wasted. Seeing this track , I suppose it would have been better to run this event on controlled tires on asfalt track. It would be more interesting.
Looked like a "club" track to me too.
Dimensions seem to be much smallaer than 2012 too.
We want dots, zig-zag, 180deg turns, 200ft of straight, and more than 50 drivers next time !