R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST
Old 10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Scotty Ernst
Tech Master

Hello,

As we are a week away from the 10th Running of the IIC, we are at a time that we have not seen in many years. As of now, we are at 400 entries preregistered. It has been a long time since this has happened and it is wonderful to have so many of you that want to race with us and share in all that is special about the IIC.

But as this is a great thing to have this many preregistered racers, it does pose a big problem for us as organizers. Bigger is not always Better. It may be a cliche, but it is true. We want the IIC to be the biggest and best it can be, but having a race with 500 entries will not be good for anyone. You cannot run a timely event in the conditions we have if we have to many entries.

Each year at the IIC we have so many racers who decide to add another class during registration, this is normally not a problem and in the end we have around 400 entries. We are in a situation now, that we cannot afford to have 50-100 additional entries on registration day or we will have too many heats and that does not make for a fun event for the racers. So we have had to close down the registration and give the remaining spots we have open to those drivers who have only entered into 1 class so far. That does not mean those who only have entered in 1 class are guaranteed a spot for the additional class. Once our heats are full, then we will close registration. I know this is not a truly fair process, but it is the best way to ensure the IIC remains true to its ideas of running the best and timely event we can. Many of us remember the 2007 IIC that we started at 630am and ran till 1130 at night. That was no fun for anyone.

We hope everyone can understand our goal and are working to give everyone the best experience we can.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me and I will have happy to answer then.

See you in a week. Vegas Baby. IIC TIME!
Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]