R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - how to make ntc3 race ready?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
tommi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: gearing my ntc3

Originally posted by ntc3evo
i have a ntc3..on board i have a sirio evo2 3port...an AE two speed tranny....i was wondering if anybody could tell my the best possible set up as far as gears (spur gears, and pionion gears)for a short track..i also drag race my ntc3...the pipe that is on board is a dual chamber dynomite chrome pipe...im get ready to put on the new rd logic single chamber...what are you view on this pipe?
You may try 20/24 or 21/25 on 54/50 spurs, depending on the characteristics of the track you're running, make full use of the RPM you have on your engine. On the track I'm running which has very technical in-fields and one straight, 20/24 and 21/25 is sweet, but sometimes I prefer 20/26 with 54/48 spurs, as almost 95% of time we're running on 1st gear in the in-fields, when I'm on the straight I just enjoy the extra speed that the 48-26 combo gives...

I'm using the RDLogics one-piece turbo on my ntc3, love it! I dunno about the single chamber, or does RDLogics make a single chamber for the NTC3? As compared to the AE pipe, I found that the RDL pipe churns out more power from the engine, a broader power band and higher rev. It is "THE" pipe for the car, well...I would love to get my hands on the WERKS pipe tho...