R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Crashby: Link cars were PREVIOUSLY outshone by T-bar cars in Mod, because link cars tend to be more "free" in the middle of the corner, in mod they would sometimes lose rear traction. Your Rev. 4 has been designed to address those issues, and I've watched them equal or better T-bar cars in Mod. At last years Carpet Nats, Jake Pritchard's car looked AMAZING, as did Brian Jucha's. I'm willing to bet that you'll like it every bit as much, if not more, than the Trinity car in Mod.
I agree with you CypressMidWest. Carpet provides the highest grip out of any surface we can race on. Therefore, you would think that the car with the lowest polar moment would out perform any other car with a higher polar moment. But maybe it has more to do with driver skill and the speed difference between stock and mod. Maybe a T bar car feels lazy or neutral in mod because it has a higher polar moment than a link car which in turn makes it easier to drive for the person with average driving skills. Right now I feel like a T bar car would scrub off so much speed in the corners due to their higher polar moment than a link car, that it could not possible be faster but... I could be all wrong. It will be several days before I get the Reflex 12 built and I think I will try softening up my Rev 4 in the meantime to maybe let the weight transfer more to the outside. Make it think it is a T bar car and see what that does. I still firmly believe that a link car should work better than any other car design on carpet. But that is what testing is all about. Just have to be careful about how much driving skill factors into the results of the test and if the driver is more comfortable with a lazy car vs.: an aggressive car.