R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 05:07 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Cody,

Thanks again for your help over the weekend. The setup worked quite well for me, the big difference is I am running a hybrid 411LE with many of the 3.0 items (V4 motor mount, alum chassis, split blocks, etc). I am still running the long shocks (450wt with Serpent White springs). I was also a bit softer on the front diff at 1 million. The car was very easy to drive and consistent start to finish, but as soft as it was, it transitioned slower then I would have liked. Possibly due to how progressive the Serpent springs feel. I found a broken front arm when I got home as well (running old style hard plastics) which probably didn't help. Other then some things like the old style bearing blocks and stuff, the only other major difference is I was using the center chassis stiffener.
Glad to help! Going to a 1.4 front swaybar, or standing the shocks up 1 more hole can will with the transition speed. I also think the short shocks react better on carpet, but the longer shocks can be easier to drive on low bite!