R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 02:19 PM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddub
Been out of RC for a long while and decided to take advantage of the excellent asphalt onroad course by me and get into USGT. I picked up a s2 kit about 2 weeks ago from tqrc and have been slowly building it out. I ran into two problems with the kit and one more that I am unsure on.

1) the suspension mounts (S1P402) are supposed to come with 2 offsets to the right and 2 to the left. I got 3 right and 1 left. Contacted TQRC and they are sending me the right ones immediately. Thanks for the good customer service TQRC.

2) One of my shock shafts looks like it was broken off right where the shaft narrows before the threads. There was no small broken part in the bag, just the broken shaft. Unfortunately, the part for the S2 calls for a 26mm shaft and it doesn't seem like spec R provide this separately. The normal R1/S1 part is a 28mm shaft. TQRC is working with Spec R to get a solution on this.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative or issue with using the 28mm shaft specifically on the S2? I seem to remember reading in this thread about the shorter shock towers making it more difficult get ride height down. Is this maybe to address that? Any thoughts would be helpful.

3) I've never owned a belt driven RC before. I have everything set up correctly, shimmed battery side, no wobble, etc. but I still have a very slight sort of clicking when moving the drivetrain. I have traced it down to the front belt not meshing perfectly with the wheel on the gear on the spur gear assembly. It is like the belt coming in to the spur rides the top of the gear before it click in to place. Is this normal? Will it go away one everything settles in? Also, the belts both front and rear seem to want to ride on the outside of all of the gears; diff, spool and both spur side gears. It doesn't look like they are jumping or anything so based on what I read in here, I am not worrying about it.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice on this build!
i used shafts from my cyclone when I built my shocks and different pistons and different O-rings