R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Tried Zack's setup indoors on turf yesterday and it was my first time indoors. It was great. I tried many different used tires left from the summer. Holeshots and handlebars rear seemed fine, rebar front. I also used the soft sway bar. Anyone noticed it's a bit too long? I cut it on both ends a bit. Mistake? Well anyways the car felt really nice. Had only stock springs so I gonna do that change yet. I had a new Tekin gen 2 8.5 conbo as well but had terrible cog issues. Tried everything, no relief. The motor worked well with my Orion r10 pro (own two rb6 cars). I guess I need to send it back to Amain for a change. Radio is a new MT-4S.
By chance, did you get any of the wires on the motor soldered backwards with the Tekin? I know someone that had a similar issue, and that's what the culprit was. Guy swore he soldered everything up right, and had two of the wires backwards causing the cogging. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by MikaR
Separately. I believe SC6 has it stock, but not RB6.
That is correct, the Sc6 has it, but not the RB6. Pretty cool they did that, just wish they would have done they on the buggy as well. Maybe that'll be something they'll do with future kits.