R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evo 6
Thread: Tamiya TB Evo 6
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 11:58 AM
metalnut
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Second night with the EVO was... interesting. I was keeping the screws in my transmission cases just barely tight to keep things nice and loose. Well, during practice, the car started to suddenly lose rear traction like crazy. I pulled it and realized all 6 screws in the rear case backed out. Oops

During the qualifiers and main things were better. I had one of the fastest qualifier paces until I screwed up, but the car is still very capable. I switched from Tamiya springs to Spec-R 2.6F and 2.5R, which was definitely better.

In the main, however, our traction was WAY up (CRC carpet, humid evening), and mid-main my handling became a handful. A ton of steering, rear end breaking loose, the car basically dancing around the front tires. Just not balanced at all. I went over it after the race and nothing looked broken, so I'm not sure what happened.

I now switched to Yokomo pink and blue springs, I'll try them out this week and see how it feels. I need to play more with droop, I think I had too much in the rear, which could explain the situation in the main (was running 6.6F and 6R on Hudy droop gauge and blocks). Gonna go up to 7F and 6.4R to start. Most of our track records were on Yoko springs, so might as well try those. HPI silver or blue could be another test.