R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ***The Official Hot Shot RC Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Atomicsickness
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carlt126
Sorry in advance for all the questions I have but here we go. I am trying to get Me and my son into some racing. We typically bash around the yard but after taking him up to d Dalton I think this is something we would enjoy. We currently have a t4 but I Don't think there is much st racing. I want to stick to associated vehicles so parts are interchangeable. Which classes, 2 wd buggy or 2wd sct would y'all recommend? Also, what is the cost to practice, as we may not get to race all the time but would enjoy driving the indoor track. If anyone has a vehicle setup in either of the above categories that you might be interested in selling to get us going, pm me. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
This is a great hobby/sport for father and son. My suggestion would be if both of you are going to race would be a B5M for you and a 2wd SC10 for your son if he is under 12. SCT is a lot more forgiving when learning to race. Also it would mean you could help him while he is racing because you would not be racing at the same time. Like others have said it is $10 to practice. Race fees change depending on the race.

Just my .02