R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 05:47 AM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I absolutely believe in aerodynamics in 1:10 but I do not believe that a successful full scale design involving elements unavailable in 1:10 (like the specifics of the underside of a full size racer) will translate 100%. I think, from my experience, that as long as certain elements are present a body will be good. A decent splitter, a non ginormus cab area and a decent wing are most of the ingredients. How long or short the body is will determine a lot as well.

I have tried a lot of stuff that doesn't work. I had an old Protoform 3 series BMW from the early days of touring car that looked wicked but pushed off the track..too tall no splitter. The HPI Saleen S7 looks awesome but is a limo because it's too long. It can work on really big tracks though. HPI RX7...meh, kinda pushy. Tamiya Skyline...long, kinda pushy, not much front end downforce. Might be too boxy.

The thing is I will take any and all Protoform Corvettes (non-WGT) that you can find, over any prototype or anything else. It's like Mazda 6, it just feels good and works in almost all situations and they are all gone