R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:55 AM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I'm slightly underwhelmed by the 2015, the links for it just came up on facebook...

Bearing mounted sway bars to me seem overkill on an electric tourer, the active rear toe I think will be a fad (one people will struggle with in tuning), the rest is fine tweaks that may or may not improve anything depending on track conditions and/or how often you hit stuff (note: people who hit stuff I suspect are going to hate the active toe by the looks of it).

Saying that, nice little bits that will drop onto my 2014, I'll be ordering the new sway link ends, I wanted to see that on the 2014, and the new ball ends for the top links.

Not hating, just not seeing a reason to drop that much money into such minor changes, even if they have done a fair few little ones, a lot of stuff I had on my wish list got overlooked.
Quite a bit of it is little tweaks, but at least two of the changes will introduce more consistency to the car (motor mount, servo mount), regardless of how little some of the "hits" are. Given that you can remove ARS, that should make the car strictly more consistent.

Funny enough, this thread was started a few months ago asking people to chime in on what they wanted to see in the '15, so what was missing from this kit that you had on your wish list? I assume ECS's, but what else?