R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida
Old 09-15-2014, 06:45 PM
GMartinez
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Hi George,

Thanks for the clarifications.

So, just to make sure I've got this right then:

If we pre-order tyres through Superior Hobbies, that will be tyres for the race (11 sets) plus tyres for practice, and they will ALL come from the same batch?

Just want to make sure I get that right before I advise the drivers I manage and am helping out prepare for the event.

Final question - the IFMAR rules state that the Thursday practice will be organised by the host. Can you clarify the exact timetable for Thursday - or at the very least, the number of runs each group will have. That will then allow us to plan our tyre orders accordingly.

I would strongly suggest that you work on the assumption that for the actual Worlds, no drivers will bring any tyres with them for any practice - because for all major races, drivers expect to be able to purchase their tyres at the event to ensure that they are all from the same batch. Yes, when they attend warm up races or other practice sessions prior to the event, many will bring their own tyres, but not usually for the main event itself. I am sure the tyre manufacturer would be able to work out a sale or return policy for an event on this sort of scale.....
Hi Oli
That is correct there are 2000 sets on order
FedEx to arrive this Thursday at Superior Hobbies
All tires that are Pre order 11 sets 104 drivers x 11 =1144
There will be on avg 8 additional sets available per driver we don't expect everyone to buy 8 but there should be plenty of tires ALL from the same batch.

As for the Timetable we are currently working on that for Tc but you can also plan accordingly using Ifmar timetable that is located in the rule book that also will be adjusted based on entries
My thought is with 104 drivers that will be 13 heats 8 drivers per heat will almost take 2 hrs per session possible 3 to 4 sessions for day 1 then practice session 1st of every morning that's 3 more so a total of 6 or 7 practice sets needed
The 1/12th Timetable has been sent to Ifmar & we are awaiting for approval to release the info to the public