R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC Lightning 12
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Max K
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
You should come to wcics max ha.

I.might try a crc shock. They locally available and pretty cheap but would nice to keep to oem if possible.
I'm already running crc springs.

I don't get a lot of wheeltime in mod but it seems.my mod and 13.5 car were pretty much the same last year. Both cars were top 3-5 within my club racing

One thing I'd like to.do this year is get back.into the inline layout. Transverse worked so well I left it that way all year.
I also.never really touched the side spring layout, one of the nice features. But maybe that is for 17.5. The 13.5 car just didn't feel good with it.
Is that the race on the island? Brian Bodine was telling me about that race while we were in Denver a couple days ago. That sounds like an awesome race! I will defiantly mark it down on my calendar.

The only reason why I run the Hot bodies shock is because i have pre-production shocks and the parts don't quite fit right. Me and Ehrlich had the same problem at IIC last year so we just slapped on what we had. Also we didn't have different big bore center springs. As for springs I'm all over the place with my mod car right now. Ive been swapping between AE blacks and CRC 45s. Then front springs I've been between AE 20s and SM 21s. But then again. My setups in my mind are super easy to drive. But give it to Chris and he can't drive it and says it pushes off the track. Just depends on how you want your car to drive. If you tell me how you like your car to handle, then i can point you in the right direction if your looking for setup help!

As for side spring location... 13.5 and 17.5 I ran side springs on the pod plate with an AE silver. For mod I would suggest putting them over the links so you can run a softer spring. My theory is "softer springs = easier to drive."

Ive only run the car inline. So I don't really have a valid point of what makes inline better than transverse. Although I almost TQ'd IIC in 13.5 with the battery inline last year.