R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)
Old 09-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Mr_RCGuy
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by copter58
Hello,

I know you guys have an on-road track at Sir Goony's, is there an off road there as well, or are you guys running the SC's on pavement? Dying to have a place to run my SC's. Just moved back from Utah, where I raced at Intermountain R/c where they do the April Fool's Classic every year. It's an indoor and I got spoiled with that.

I see it looks like you all race under the Pavillion at Chilhowie Park; is this a seasonal thing only? Anyhoo, what are the most popular classes. I run 2wd SC mod and would like to get a losi for 4x4 SC mod. One more question and I'll shut up, is there a good turn out for racers every week? Thanks all!

V/r

Jeff
Hi,
There is no off-road course. I am bummed over that also! Some do run their trucks on the course. They run them with zip ties to lower them and use street tires. You have to run a 2wd only though. I am waiting for the track at Chilhowie also. I haven't raced before so I am itching to break in my 4wd SCT.

There is a good tun out. I was at Goony's 2 weeks ago for the first time with the race crowd. I wasn't thrilled about the on-road side, but, the more I thought about it the more I liked it. I am still building my street car though. Probably be ready on the 27th. I hope...

Take care,
Pete