R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 04:31 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Why not just run a battery that weighs 85 grams more? You are already running a battery designed to be lighter than a full sized battery. typical shorty = ~200 grams, typical full size = ~300 grams.

You might as well gain the MAH/voltage advantage of a higher capacity battery to achieve your weight, considering it is in roughly the same location.
We have done the back to back testing with a square pack vs shorty with weight. While the added mah gave me the same power at the end of a race as it did in the beginning the problems came with tuning. The square park was stuck and planted the car which gave it a push that was going to require a setup change. The shorty with weight still allowed us to move weight forward or backwards in the car which affected handling. I will revisit the square pack again a little later down the road. In 17.5 I feel this will be great to have. Mod guys love the square pack!!!!