Thread: Classic 1/12th
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Hi vintage pan car gurus,

Hopefully someone here can help me source a few parts. I'm having no luck for the past several months at my usual channels (RC10Talk.com, eBay) so I'm hoping someone here has these items.

I'm resto-modding a Lucas/A.R.T. Agitator Pro-10 that I got for a song on eBay. The chassis came with half of a set of Sees wheels (yeah, only the right side...weird), I was able to track down a full set, plus a pair to complete the existing half-set. The chassis itself was in amazing condition, the plate didn't have a scratch on it! The only part that had wear & tear (and minor wear, at that) was the T-bar assembly. Even that looked pretty good.

Anyway, I just can't seem to find a pair of these pivot sockets; they're about 5mm thick and have 2 mounting holes instead of 4. My "good" one isn't smooth and the bad one...well, I think somebody stripped out the threads in the plastic and decided to mash some tiny nuts onto the mounting screws, which damaged the plastic. I'd really like to make some progress on this build, it's going to be amazing when it's finished...but these pivot mounts are holding me up!

I could also use those special flanged, inside-threaded washer-nuts (or whatever they're called); they insert into the 3 holes in the T-bar and fit flush with the top T-bar surface.

If anybody can help me out, it would be much appreciated!
The pivots are the same as what was used on the Delta Super Spyder, so perhaps you could use that for a search reference. I think Ken Campbell/Delta is still around, and they may have those parts left over, you could try to call them.