R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Indoor Clay Tires Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
now that's a feedback! thanks Teufel Racing, this will be helpful for many drivers

what compounds do you use generally?

I hope it will prove helpful, though I fully suspect results may vary between drivers/tracks.

Almost missed your question.

At my local track, I only run the clay compounds from the corresponding tire Mfg's. Since we do sauce, it almost seems counter productive to run a harder rubber tire, sauce, make the rubber softer, get the results. Whereas, conventional wisdom may suggest that if doing that, why not just use a soft or super soft to begin with. Which would have been my exact thought, though for whatever reason the softs and super softs always feel super greesy out on the track and don't feel like they are hooking up. When there is a fresh green layout, softs and super softs will work better, but it's only for a day or two. Now I say/type that knowing full well that I once took a set of green super soft Barcodes F/R, sauced the bejesus out of them and had them so soft, they had so much side bite/roll over that there were slow in the corners, but could do a standing backflip on the start line when the tone went off. LOL.