R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Thraex
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JDXray
well i had alittle set back today at the track The car didnt really perform well for me today. I must have got the setup all wrong. I need some help with the setup, does anyone have a carpet setup for the hara? You can either post it or pm please.

The rear pod just seems alittle sloppy and i even thread locked the screws underneath and it seemed alittle sloppy still. I decided to mount my servo to the chassis since the servo ears broke off . The first time i used the lay down servo it was fine, and then gradually it got worse. I am just doing something wrong.

Batteries arent a problem, i dont believe motor is a problem, I pretty much got the roll out good. Its the rear pod, and front end, foams i believe. I might be wrong. Everytime i make a left turn (180 degree) the rear end slips and hit the wall. Making right turns are fine.

Overall today i just wasnt happy with the car, hopefully i can get it straightened out.

Thanks

Jon

I will update with anymore information.
I think the suspension is just fine, because you said the right turns are going well, I think it's more A set-up problem.

Can't you order a new case for the servo?
That shouldn't cost much, and it's easy to replace.

I've never drove a Hammer, but the problem you have can have many sources.
Have you tried to putt it on a tweakboard?
Maybe that will help, so you can see (very accurate) if your chassis is tweaked.
And try to figure out if the pressure on the tires are the same (left and right).

Another thing could be the tires, what kind of tires and traction compound do you use?
And how did you covered the tires with traction compound, full, inside, outside?

Maybe it's the track, do more people have that problem on the track where you drove?
And is it every 180 degree left turn, or is it only a low or high speed turn?

You can also ask it in the 1:12 thread,
Here's the link: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...s=&threadid=37

I hope you can anwser some of these questions so I can help you A bit more...