R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How Long Will CRC carpet last?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 11:27 PM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I think hte biggest factor is how it is installed. We installed CRC Ozite in our LHS as a permanent track. It has been glued down to the concrete for about 9 years. The seams are now peeling up and there are lots of "divots" from all kinds of stuff from helis crashing to sharp body posts to the weird stuff that I see every Sunday when our track is unsupervised. It also "bubbled" in a few palces where the heavy 2x4's on teh track couploed with the big hits and velcro attaching them to carpet stretched the carpet and pulled it from the glue. We also run only Paragon black can with I believe has a lacquer thinner type base as opposed to the other odorless sauces witch are possible naptha/camp fuel based. I would talk to Dirla or Drew Ellis and see how they feel their installations are holding up. I think both of them have their tracks seamed with the 3m tape used in Vegas along with a wooden sub floor and SXT. I can't remember if the tape adheres to the wood or not, but I suspect their circumstances would more closely match yours in the UK. Were prepping to move to a new building with our track so I have been trying to learn all the possibilitis and ins and outs of carpet installation so we can do it right the first time and make it last another 10 years. LMK if you wanna talk more. I'll be in Tampa. Come say hi!

AWD