R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 / XB4 tires/wheels, over $275 worth of parts!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:57 PM
bengtson
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Xray XB2 / XB4 tires/wheels, over $275 worth of parts!

Up for sale are 10 pairs of JConcepts tires mounted on Xray Aerodisk rims for the XB4 4wd buggy. With the exception of set #7, all 9 other sets have AKA red closed-cell inserts. This is over $275 worth of tires/wheels/inserts, plus you’d still have to mount them Also, JConcepts Dirt Webs are very difficult to find as they are currently on national backorder.

I’m meticulous with my tires. I always cleaned both the tire mounting bead and wheels with motor spray prior to mounting the tires to ensure that they were free of mold release agent. I also used medium Losi Tread Lock glue as I’ve always had great luck with Losi glue. The medium takes longer to dry vs. the thin, but it provides a much stronger bond.

When the tires were not mounted on my buggy they were always cleaned and stored in sealed bags. I used Xray Aerodisk (white) wheels exclusively as I read somewhere that Xray worked with AKA to specifically dial in the flex characteristics of the wheels. I used AKA red closed cell inserts exclusively for all of these tires (with the exception of set #7) as they are widely viewed as the best available.

Here is what included (note that the numbers in this list correspond to the numbers in the photos) . Also, the fronts (#’s 6-10) look wide/big in some of the photos only because of the extreme close-up nature of the photos):

Rear Tires/Wheels
1) JConcepts Dirt Webs (Gold Compound) – like new (98%+ tread remaining)
2) JConcepts Dirt Webs (Gold Compound) – basically indoor slicks
3) JConcepts V1 Barcodes (Gold Compound) – 95% tread remaining
4) JConcepts V1 Barcodes (Gold Compound – 50% tread remaining
5) JConcepts V2 Barcodes (Gold Compound) – basically slicks for indoor racing

Front Tires/Wheels (4wd XB4)
6) JConcepts Dirt Webs (Gold Compound) – like new (98%+ tread remaining)
7) JConcepts Dirt Webs (Gold Compound) – 95% tread remaining (white foams)
8) JConcepts Dirt Webs (Gold Compound) – 40% tread remaining
9) JConcepts Barcodes (Gold Compound – 50% tread remaining
10 JConcepts Barcodes (Gold Compound – basically slicks for indoor racing

My asking price is $90 (9/7/14 edit, was $110) shipped to your door (Continental US). Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like any additional info.

Last edited by bengtson; 09-07-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Price drop!