R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer
I don't think we can call it an entry level class anymore. It is a nationally recognized TC spec class. It could be that USVTA may be the only way to get the chance to run an on-road / TC class at some tracks.
USVTA should never have been considered an 'entry level' class - the class was designed for those racers that like running close door-to-door racing, where anyone (with driving skill) can win at any time. so to that reason, sure sponsored guys can run in the class - I don't have an issue with it. what I do have an issue with is when the sponsored guys want the class changed to meet their own (or sponsors) needs/wants, ie changing motor so the XX brand that they're sponsored with can be used..

If I was a sponsored driver (was a few years ago), I'd want to run a class that is closely matched and offers door-to-door racing, or a race with 1st thru 9th place are all on the same lap and/or within seconds of each other. to me, being able to lap the entire field (multiple times) gets boring

people around me call VTA an entry level class, and I always get in their face about that face... this class has never been entry level and I hope the competition only gets better - nothing makes racing more fun, for both the drivers and spectators, then seeing leads swap back and forth or the leading getting passed at the 8:05 mark (of an 8 min main) for the win - that happened to me last summer and as much as it sucked, it was the best racing I was ever involved in