R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Fernando_M
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Solid Front Axle set up

Originally posted by InitialD
No. He took the front ball diff axles and pulley and physically locked it. So there's no more diff action on his front "ball diff" anymore. Don't know the details but Uncle Crash thought he heard him say that he locked the front ball diff with a glue. I actually did not take a close pic of it but he took off the diff collar too as it was not required.
This solution comes from the Worlds in Brazil. While looking for a better setup, one of the team drivers installed the front rigid axle using the one way (Kyosho drivers were using locked front diffs). As a result, the shaft adapters broke in the inner end. I have seen the same situation in my track.
The solution they found was to dismantle the front diff and make some holes (not pass thru holes) in the plates using a Dremel, so the balls will settle in those holes and the diff action will stop. This is why the adjuster is not needed anymore. I didn’t see the diff dismantled, so I don’t know how many holes and balls they used. I guess three would be enough. The bad side is the front diff weights considerably more than the locked oneway.

What shaft adapters have you been using D?

I plan give 3Racing's shaft adapters a try to check if they are better quality than Serpent's.

Soo bad that 710's drivetrain metallic parts are so low quality.