R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
TerribleTy
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by carl jr
Hey guy which gt the best one the team c , ofna x3 or the serpent
In my opinion and experience with the cars the Serpent Cobra GT is my horse of choice. From the beginning I like many others started with the Kyosho which plagued me with broken parts and poor racability compared to at the time just released Team C. So I jumped ship over to the Team C.

The Team C was a great car but after only a few months on the car I began to experience mechanical failures costing me finishes. The parts at the time were from Hong Kong so I was looking +$100 each time I wanted something new or implemented a fix. That season I took the car to the Timezone GP and placed 5th in the A after dominating the B main. Car was great however I made some contacts at that race that would soon get me over to Serpent.

I decided to be the odd man out locally and picked up the Serpent Cobra GT. From the build until now I have loved this car. Everything is purpose build for your racer heart. I dont break parts so the money I had grown use to spending on parts now goes to upgrades. The car can be set up numerous ways and still perform. The Cobra GT is my choice and its a very easy one. This is the only car you can customize to match your driving style. Also the support behind the Cobra GT far out weighs support for the other cars.

Now we have the X3, I've seen her, shes fast but I've seen the same kind of part failures I have seen on the Team C. Still new to the market this would be a good car for those who like to run something different than everyone else.