R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 09-01-2014, 11:47 AM
OrganicMechanic
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Simple, Use motor mounts on both sides, then you don't need the triangle all the way to the back of the pod on the left side. The motor mount is universal and machined to accept the ride height adjuster from either side. Try it if you don't believe me. Now the top brace triangle can stop at the front of the pod and connect to the front or both motor plate top holes on the left side. Looks like you'll have to keep the brace across the back though. No place to mount one elsewhere on the back of the plates.
Thanks for the idea. The bad news is that will not work with the Associated plate or the IRS plate. You can see in the 3rd pic I posted what the IRS motor plate looks like. Good idea though if it had worked out.

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Ehmm... THAT doesn't work with IRS podplates. The only podplate that you can use to do what you say is the CRC #3340 podplate. IRS podplates do not accept ride height adjusters on both sides. It may fit but it won't flush into the motorplate as is does on the diff side.

If you do so, the left podplate will have the ride height adjuster on the inside and that will not work.

Take a look at my P235-SE. That is also a good solution on how to make an upper podplate...
Beautiful work on the P235-SE, especially the stealth look. So I assume I'm wrong to think your plate design or the PRC plate design has more flex then the design I went with? Maybe my third draft will look closer to the PRC and P235-SE upper plates if that's the case. I at least have the side shock mount points worked out lol.