R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sorex Vs Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 08:32 AM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Picco007 and PatellaDragger-

You will be able to buy the premounted and possibly the unmounted Take Off CS tires right here in Memphis. Not only that, but you will be able to purchase them at a discounted rate similar to the Carpet Nats price because Schumacher is sponsoring the Beat The Heat Race and selling tires to HT disounted so they can in turn sell them to us discounted.

Pretty cool of Schumacher to do that, Huh? They are seriously trying to help boost our hobby. I'm very pleased with all that Schumacher is doing.

Just to give you something to compare- last year Losi sent us a $50 discount gift certificate (off of full retail) to use on Losi parts... which was worth about $20 in reality. Trinity didn't do crap. Losi and Trinity are exponentially larger than Schmacher USA, but who comes through with sponsorship? Right- Schumacher. They are also sending prizes for the club to give away at the race.

My point is this: All of us (racers) should keep these things in mind when you decide where you want to spend your money. I know the big companies sponsor the BIG races and National events (as does Schumacher) but it the small and medium size guys like us that keep the hobby going all over this country. How many times would you race per year if there were only National events?