R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Totally DIALED
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
Or here is an idea....

Run everyone as one class, but at sign in let the eligible "sportsman" drivers claim this. An "s" could appear after thier name on the results, Then run the 60+ drivers together for the entire event. Once the mains are done and final results figured, go down the list and hand out the sportsman awards in the order they finish. ( for example, if the top sportsman driver was 3rd in the b, then the next sportsman driver won the c, then the next was 4th in the c, those would be your podium for the sportsman class)

That way everyone runs together, all 60 drivers are national points eligible, and sportsman guys can race with the pro guys of their speed while still being recognized for their own achievements without having to split it up into 2 groups.

This make sense? I think it's the best and most fair way to handle this situation.

Otherwise guys sitting in the low 20s may try to sand bag and get to 31 so that can be awarded a "first place in sportsman" instead of 8th in the pro c.
That would probably work as well.

Like I said I was brainstorming...

I personally would rather run them all together...

For example: I would rather say I finished in the top 20 out of 60 drivers then say I beat 5 racers and took down the A-Main victory

But to each his own...

Whatever it takes to keep people racing and helps to grow RC...