R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 07:41 PM
inpuressa
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
You see it a lot in full size car tuning circles, as well as plenty of japlish.

The correct term is "Katakana" not japlish. Their syllabary consists of three writing systems; hiragana, kanji (Chinese characters), and katakana. Hiragana and kanji is used for Japanese language words. Whereas the katakana writing system is used for Western words.

Their alphabet is completely different to ours. We have A,B,C ect. Where Japanese have a ton of pairings such as Ka,Ki,Ku,Ke,Ko. The only similarities between the two alphabets would be Japanese letters A,I,U,E,O.

My name is Edward and is obviously it;s a Western name. So my name would be E-DO-WA-D0.

Giyadifu GI-YA-DI-FU
Amerika A-ME-RI-KA

Also, Japanese sentence follow a S.O.V structure. English is S.V.O, so that's why you get some really messed up translations. Also, Kanji has multiple interpretations, so you'll get some really odd words thrown into sentences.

Thought this would be interesting for some of you.

Onomatopoeia is simply describing something by using sounds. For example, to describe a cat we say "meow" or pig "oink." The Japanese have thousands of these sounds and use it in everyday life to describe many things. I find this is especially prominent in r/c racing.

When I started gluing my 1/12th foam tires, the store owner helped me. He kept saying "guru guru".. I was like what the hell are you saying? He showed me that once the foam is on the rim, you put the glue nozzle in between the two and "guru guru"... Guru guru??? I found out "Guru guru" is an action of moving something in a circular motion.
since we are on the topic...