R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Factory team car will be harder to sell with the alum parts adding weight and so many people running stock. Great for a mod though, funny thing is if a stock guy buys the FT car may be shelfing some parts for plastic as needed. On the RM car it is already pretty light so it may be an FT winner. The FT car would need to bring something more to the table other than parts swap. A full FT kit with RM conversion in it-build what you need, bigger harddrive, more ram.....something .
Even TLR is getting away from including the MM parts to get the kit costs down. Since not everyone runs mm. AE did it the right way with separate conversions. My MM car is 1560 with alum hexes, alum rack and alum camber block. But I did remove weight via the Ti scews, Ti turnbuckles, light tranny parts and battery strap removal. If I put pucks on, I would be close to the min. My car run fine. I dont really want to get to 1500. With the XF chassis, if you really wanted you could get to 1400. not like club racing checks weight.