R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 08:13 AM
shannow
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everybody,

I currently have a Schum KF and I'm seriously considering the B5m. I'm after some feedbacks on both but more specifically on my issue with the KF.

I run the KF 80% of the time on carpet/pvc/cork multi-surface floor. I'll pass on the details but after 2 months of setup fighting (even with official schum drivers who've been very helpful thank again) I give up. I can't get it to work for me on multi-surface. To be fair the KF is the queen on astro which represents 20% of my track time in the year. I need something more polyvalent "straight out of the box".
I use to have a 22 2.0 which I never had so much trouble in setting it up and pretty much work on any surface. Not as good on astro as the KF but it worked and that's all I ask for. I'm in a situation where I don't have the luxury of spending entire afternoons to test many set ups (the club is open 1h 1/2 a week max).

I feel that the B5m would be better for my needs. Could you help me on feedbacks ? Couldn't test the B5m as nobody has it at my club (France 10-15man club) and the only ones I saw was at a racing event with people I didn't know anyway.

Thank you in advance

Jonathan