R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 01:03 PM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
There are a few other issues as well though, the inner positions on the hinge pin holders cannot be used since they break $$$ outdrives, have to be extra careful about droop as that also causes outdrives snapping, outdrives, maintainence of central cvds (guess dog bones or unis would have been fine), a lot of ppl on my track have broken 2014 spec front arms, the 2013 are rock solid though. The axles seem to be heat treated too much too hard, I have snapped 2 fronts and 2 rears in the amount of time I have owned this car (~2 years). Shocks are just plain bad compared to kyosho.

These just my opinions of course, but the gear diff issue has been brought up too much lolz getting tired of it.
And the reason you break outdrives is because you don't pay attention to correct amount of downtravel shims inside the shocks and uptravel limiters on the outside.

So for every time you land a jump and bottom out and for every jump the suspension reaches full downward travel your outdrives takes a beating.

I will bet a ton of money you have visible wear marks on your driveshafts were they hit the outdrives.

This will also cause the car to unsettle on landing and make it even harder to get those perfect smooth landings.

Once again basic setup tweaks that the unexperienced "forgets"

It's all a learning curve......

Bent