R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCRCNT Onraod track in Fort Worth??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkurz211
I've never seen this track so I don't know how it keeps people out from simply showing up and running their car.

I noticed that they have a paid membership flier on their website. Why wouldn't the track operator/owner simply give a key to its paid members to go practice on the track. Considering there really is no other place to run an 8th scale onroad car in DFW. Who cares if its "unprepped" its got to be better than running in some parking lot?

Just my thoughts.
Once you stop by the track when it is "unprepped", you will see why I said what I said. It is located in a rural section south of Fort Worth with wooded sections on the south and west sides of the track. When the track is not in use, it gets dirty/dusty really quick (from the dirt and leaves from said sections). Also, if there are torrential rains in the area, it will wash dirt on the track, thus you would still have to do a level of sweeping the track just to run practice laps. This is why the club spends a good part of the day before a race weekend to clean the track for use. You can probably go and use the track between times, but be prepared to not get good clean runs unless you sweep the track (better bring your pushbroom or leaf blower).