R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:44 AM
TerribleTy
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Larus
Terriblefly, i need some advice on with engine use on my track

I consider a Short Track. the principal straight has around 50m (160foot) and the secondary around 25m (83foot)

anyone can help me to choose a proper engine for that track?

I can't post videos or Pictures yet. but if you search on youtube: "Semi-Final (A) Brasileiro de Rally GT 2012 - Natal Jiqui Clube" it was a national (Brazillian Event on our Track)

Bonito?
Flash Rally?
Roma?
ISON Gt?

What Gearing should i start playing?
Wow that track looks very nice! If the traction is high I would go with a Roma to gain that edge through the infield. The Roma will hit off the bottom much harder than the ISON and you can gear it as tall as you want. Right now I am running a Roma and it will pull anything I throw at it gear wise, very fast engine. A Murnan Modified Novarossi Roma has a smooth transition to crazy power if you are looking for something very strong.

The ISON would be your best bet if you are looking to save a few bucks. The ISON is strong and has the RPM range to pull that straight no problem. It wont hit as hard off the bottom however if you don't have the traction for the Roma the ISON would be perfect.

You have selected 4 great engines that are all different. Any way you go you can change gearing to suit your conditions. The ISON works great with stock gearing and many people are running them. The Roma gear tall and watch it pull. If you want to get into modified motors you will see a whole new level of power and fuel consumption. Also make sure to consider your local rules.