R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 AM
stelio279
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blf
Hey Guys --- thanks for all the help so far on this truck! Expecting the 1.0 Roller (new) on Monday & ordered:

3 x HD Diff Cases
2 x Front/Rear HD Lightened Outdrives
1 x Center HD Lightened Outdrives
3 x Diff Gears/Hardware sets
2x HPI 2.5x12mm screws everyone recommends
Even front and rear gear boxes

With the above, and diff oil/grease of course, can I FULLY build each of these "HD" diffs off the truck THEN just swap them out fully assembled with the outdrives on and all???

Thanks - I may not be racing right away with it so I may just keep the grease in there and run it for a bit. But would like to change to oil/HD Cases & Outdrives for durability.

Also, am I hearing right that you don't need those tiny metal washers with these new HD cases? Just hoping there is good exploded view of the diff assembly!
If you are not racing right away, then good idea to not bother switching out everything just yet.

Another thing I would advise is wait to change out the HD Lightened Outdrives. I also bought the HD stuff when I got my new SCTE, but decided to use-up the existing outdrives first. Over 1.5 years of light racing (once or twice per month) and they are finally starting to get to the point where I want to change them next rebuild... But hey, I got an extra year out of them than I would have had I changed them right away...