R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747-e
Thread: Serpent 747-e
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:13 AM
scooby61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
The added traction of the foam tyres and the extra weight mean that temperature become an issue as you are pushing 1/10 electronics to the limit. I am actually running a Reedy Mach 2 5.5t with a Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 on 2s with a 5.8 FDR. I just get 5 minutes on a 6200 pack down to LVC. I had to disable the ESC's over temp protection of 95c as if I don't then the esc shuts down after 4 minutes! I stress that I'm using old (to me) electronics from my TC last year so I don't really worry if I blow up the esc!

I have a spare RX8 that will go in at some point and I'll be getting the LRP motor that Evo has in his car as that will make a bullet proof setup on 3s! My advice is if you want the car and have surplus 1/10 electronics that you don't really worry about then if use that for now to see how you get on before investing in 1/8 electronics. Alternatively the Hobbywing SCT esc combo can be had very cheaply these days which would be a good option as well.
Should I run a 550 can? And with the 2s limit I'm not sure I could run those electronics