R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TQ RC Racing in Chico... Road-trip!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:16 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
So Evan, now that you have put some laps on that new motor what are your thoughts on its performance?
It's a good motor. It's a much more High-RPM motor than my D3.5 was and I didn't even come close to maxing out the timing at TQ, but it still had good overall performance and one racer said my car seemed to accelerate particularly well off the infield corners. The Team Powers contact on RCTech said I should try gearing the car way down and upping the timing, possibly even to the max, but I'm not so sure.

I made a tuning mistake on the car before the main and it had too much steering, causing it to scrub speed, or it would have been in the mix for the win. I and/or my car slowed down nearly two tenths between my fast lap in practice an hour before the main and the main itself. Oh well, that's racing, qualified third and finished third.

Somehow I Top Qualified 17.5 touring car by accident. I haven't spun a wrench on that car since about March and it keeps running hard. I would have won the race and the car was just walking away from the pack but I clipped a back-marker. Still finished second.

James Banta made the A in 1/12 scale. On the bump, but he still made the A.

Last edited by DesertRat; 08-12-2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Words.