Thread: Hot Bodies TCXX
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Yes it's Dirla's joint.

I've only run VTA once and it was on a tight, low-bite track. I can tell you that I ended up with a really weird set-up to deal with the wider tires, added weight and slower speeds. I remember running 1.0 degree of toe in the rear to get it to rotate! I also remember having to change steering blocks to fit the wider tires. I think I ran XRAY blocks to keep the wheels from rubbing. I could have run shims, but I didn't want to make the car any wider. Not much of my 17.5 setup remained when I ran VTA. lol

What kind of track conditions do you have locally?
normally, I run on a med-high-ish carpet (Horsham, PA) but the last time I ran on carpet, I had to do the same thing -- go radical... so far off my normal setup that worked EVERYWHERE, carpet or asphalt... so I don't take too much trust in what I have on the car now i'll have to reset it back to my 'base' VTA set for down there

I had to go from 1* to 3.5* in the rear, and 2k to 5k in the rear diff.. had to pull the front spool for a diff with 300k in it...was a very bizarre setup on a small track

that's the only reason why I was asking