R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project RC BMW ///M3
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 06:45 AM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I typically use the Iwata for when I use stock colors and I can just keep reloading the cup. The Badger I use when I custom blend colors and use the jar. However for the E46 I painted yesterday, I used the Iwata and just reloaded from the jar. The Badger also has a color cup, however I would have to say I like the Iwata the best.

I just realized that picture above with the sky blue in the cup is my old vintage pre Badger from the 70s, I still use that one every now and then too :lol This is the badger 150

Here is the Iwata

I actually use a 5 gallon 2HP Twin stack shop compressor. Its over kill, but its handy in and in my garage. However you are right it doesn't take a big compressor. I have actually considered a smaller hobby compressor, one day

Here are some preliminary shots of the body mounted on the TC6.1 Its a shame I have to put the GTR wing on due to those standoffs on the trunk... I like how clean it looks as is, needing just a bit of detail. Oh well, what's that saying, in for a in for an ounce, in for a pound. I may as well make it look like a race car then.

Last edited by ViperZ; 08-10-2014 at 07:10 AM.