Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 12:11 AM
joeymdz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miz4
Looking for some help!!

I have a XB4 2014, first batch shipment that we've had spur issues from day 1. I've tried just about everything. We've tried multiple new Xray spurs, both 81 and 78 tooth. Tried multiple, new pinions, Xray, TLR, Robinson.

Today, I had the owner of my LHS (RCE) look at it, and he could not see any mesh issues, motor alignment looked true. So last attempt was to try new xray pionion, new xray spur, very loose slipper. Took out the motor, remounted it, turn down radio trottle to 50%, turn off brakes and ran the xb4 around 15 soft laps around the track. Well, the spur showed some sign that it would still be an issue as it has a few small teeth that looked worn.

Brought it back to the front where the LHS Ownere looked at it, and he no ideas. He suggested I call RC America Monday and see if they have heard of this issue.

There are 2 other guys at my track, that seem to have similar issues. I can't speak for them, but they are also having spur issues, but I can't speak for them on what they have tried, or I don't know how they have their slipper, mesh etc set. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

I have 2 xb4's and 1 xb4/2 and they all have zero spur issues. Call/email RC America. Maybe you have a messed up bulkhead or slipper assembly