R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Faster corner speed like pro
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2002, 08:20 AM
tfrahm
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK -- I went back through this whole thread and didn't find a reference to a question I have, so here it is...

On the TC3 (and as far as I know, this applies ONLY to the TC3), there are two totally different "armed camps" in regard to spring balance front-to-rear....

Associated's manuals, etc. start with siffer springs on the front, and all the "official" setups have either stiffer front springs or the same springs all around...

However -- local racers (including ME) seem to agree with an old "How to Hook Up your TC3" article that was in Xtreme R/C a couple of years ago... We find that on the local parking lot track, the TC3 is "happier" and more "balanced" if the REAR springs are stiffer than the fronts...?

Is this some sort of "illusion" that has us fooled, or is there something unique about the TC3 suspension geometry that comes into play here? I know on my car that The "factory" style setups seem to be "tail happy" and very loose on corner entry, and push on corner exit, while the "backwards" setup is much more balanced, with more corner speed...

Whatsupwithat?