R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 01:10 PM
RockStew
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
The info for the front diff oil on this link seems to work the opposite way for me.

In my experiences :

If my front diff oil is too thin, on throttle steering is too tight (oversteer). The car wants spin out when on throttle in a sweeper.

If it's to thick, I experience understeer, and the car wants to push to the outside of the turn when on throttle.

Maybe my driving style is different from the person who wrote the info in that link. He mentioned a few things that gave me the impression he was driving a nitro fueled car. Would that make any difference ? I've never ran nitro.

I do prefer to "throttle steer" through sweepers. I'm much lighter on the throttle in tighter, more technical turns.

For example, I started with 7/100/3 in my D413

Way too much on throttle steering (oversteer) in the sweepers. Hard for me to control.

Went to 15/100/3. Getting easier to control on throttle in the sweepers. Still just a little too much oversteer when on throttle in the sweepers.

Next time I go to the track, I may try going up in the front diff a little more 20/100/3 or possibly go down in the center 15/80/3. Still tuning.

I experienced the same pattern tuning my 8IGHT-E 2.0

First set up 10/10/3 had terrible understeer. Pushed to the outside of turns when on throttle.

Went to 7/10/5 very controlled and stable throttling through sweepers.

There's a Tekno sponsored driver at my local track. He's one of the fastest guys I've ever met. He's been teaching me how he tunes his diffs for throttle steering. It's really helped my lap times, and consistency.

Not trying to cause a stink over the subject. It just always surprises me to see how differently a tuning adjustment will react to different people.
Hi Matt, first let me say I am a rookie, so I have started with 7/10/5 my theory being that in my Tekno SCT410 that ratio is perfect I am both pretty quick and able to drive really smooth and controlled which is my style. So overall in my D413 it's easy to drive and really smooth. However there is one turn at my track I either had to square off or it would push wide trying to throttle it through. So I think I would like the front to pull a little more and I would like more overall bite, bark power to the ground, my thinking is to try 10/20/5? your thoughts on what achieve with this ratio?

Last edited by RockStew; 08-06-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: double quote