R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sad story: Cheating rampant at big races...
Old 08-04-2014, 04:38 PM
frozenpod
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
BK875B is more the accurate enough to measure a Brushless Stator for tech.....this added need for stuff that's accurate down to .00001 % is retarded.

Will it clearly identify if the stator has had a turn removed or if a 15.5T stator has been used in place of a 17.5T.

Why these are still using just inductance is retarded, though I don't see any numbers published next to approved motors either. Inductance is easily cheated on even the most accurate meters, as numerous things can influence it...resistance does not really have those issues, but the correct meters to measure it are not as cheap as a decent LCR...
Later EddieO

The inductance has only been specified for recently approved motors if you scroll down the list you will see them.

How is inductance easily cheated?

Resistance even with an accurate meter can provide the same result with a different number of turns. IE what if I rewind a 17.5T stator with slightly thinner wire but I use less turns and the resistance measurement is identical to the original.

Motor would produce more rpm and more power in the mid to upper rpm range but resistance measurement is the same.

Inductance on the other hand would be different.

Originally Posted by EddieO
Keep your battery IR low, will result in lower operating temps on not just the motor, but the ESC as well.......been like this since the brushed days. How people achieve it, well that has lot of variables, but fresh packs is the easy way...

Later EddieO
My current lipos measure 1.4mohm and 1.6mohm per cell. I have used 3-4mohm lipos previously and I didn't notice a difference in temps.

Last edited by frozenpod; 08-04-2014 at 04:54 PM.