R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project RC BMW ///M3
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 AM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Evo, I wouldn't mid seeing that RSR body you shelved... I know what you say, I have a few projects like that too

The Firebird TA will most likely make it on to the TC6.1. I plan on painting it either White with the blue stripe like a 1970, or Red with the flaming chicken, like a 1973.

I agree with you, electric is the way for me. I use to fly Nitro RC planes, but I'm all electric now. I also use to have a few Nitro cars, an Associated 1/8 pan car was one. That was a long time ago. Even out at the RC flying field, the majority is electric nowadays. Easier, cleaner, and less noise...

Here is a video I shot a few years ago that shows the contrast between my electric airplane and a nitro plane in noise (@~3:30 in). It's quite the racket! The Plane is a Sundowner 50 (50cc equivalent) running a Scorpion 440kv on a 5000mah, 8s lipo. She's been clocked at 132mph.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

M235, those foamies look great on the R8! Really nice looking kit, I may have to get one too!

Okay, the TC6.2 roller is about ready to go. I have a Sanwa servo coming for it. I'm looking for a 17.5 motor, and maybe a 13.5 for Super Stock. I mounted my 5 turn just to see how it may look. For ESC I may get another Tekin RS, or was thinking a RSX. I have a Toro 120 that I can run now, but I like the look and feel of the Tekin stuff.

TC6.2

Here is the TC6.1 (left) & TC 6.2 (right). I am slightly disappointed the body posts are not in the same location, thus body shells will not be interchangeable between chassis. Overall the TC6.2 is a nice design, and looks to have some key improvements over the 6.1

TC6.1 (left) & TC 6.2 (right)

TC6.1 (left) & TC 6.2 (right)

TC6.1 (background), TC6.2 (foreground)

TC6.2 (top), TC6.1 (bottom)

TC6.2 (top), TC6.1 (bottom)

TC6.2 (Background), TC6.1 (foreground)

TC6.2

Here is one 1/43 model I'm fond of. Its Aryton Senna's 1992 MP4 McLaren/Honda. I built it from a Tameo white metal kit. It has many photo etched parts like brake calpiers, and was a great quality kit. I'm not sure I could build to this level anymore as my hands and eyes are just not that good anymore

Here it is beside a Toonie for scale

It's a heavy little sucker