R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28
Old 07-31-2014, 06:27 AM
flustorm
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all, one of your mates Clint mentioned this Vintage Race at Castle Hill to me the other day and I thought I would have a look if that's ok. I don't race and have only pulled my old cars out of the garage about a year ago and dusted them off after 20 years! I have spent the last year dusting them off so they (and a fair few purchases later) looking a lot better and seem to run fairly well. AS I am a complete novice at this I wanted to ask some obvious questions re what car or classes I can run. I see the cut off date is Dec 91' so does that mean I can run my Yokomo works 91' pretty sure it was released way before then. The rims are 2.1 inch thought I am pretty sure and I currently have some JC Racing rims/tyres on them? Is that a no go with the wheels an tyres? Also I have an original Manta Ray, can I run this in the plastics class? Or any other classes? All my cars except the Manta Ray run modern electronics and lipo's/brushed motors, what are the stock Mubachi's ? I assume they are brushless for $14? Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.