R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 04:00 AM
howardcano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Ok im not knocking anyone with this statement, but what is the obsession with having the tires fit flush to the body. I tried it with my LFA body and found the handling horrible push on the front and loose on the rear. I couldnt get enough mechanical roll due to the track width being so wide. Went back to a narrower set - up and instantly found traction. It didnt look that different from the wide to narrow set-up. Especcially on the track, appearance wise you really couldnt tell at all.
I like to leave the car narrow with a 200mm body, to protect the front tires. It keeps the car from rolling over when I cut a corner too close. If the tire sticks out beyond the body when turning, it can "ride up" on a flapper, and the car goes full turtle. The wide body reduces the chances of this happening.

I don't leave the car narrow because I'm lazy (although I am, indeed, lazy); on my old XRay T1 chassis, I can adjust the width to anything I want with just the twist of a wrench. That's a great feature.