R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Stealth_RT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got my aluminum 0 deg caster blocks in today! Already got them installed on the car, but haven't raced it yet. On the bench, I can already see that the tires stay WAY flatter when at full steering lock than they ever did with the 10 deg caster blocks. Still using the 0 deg steering knuckles, not sure if they are absolutely necessary now. I think they will be more of a tuning option than a requirement. Can't wait to race it!

Also, I changed over my rear suspension to the 2.0 style. Racer at the same track bought the RTR Cobra GT-e, and it comes with the complete 2.0 style rear suspension, instead of the kit 1.0 style. Asked Chicky about this and he said Serpent was changing over to the 2.0 sytle on the GT cars. Makes sense from an inventory standpoint for serpent. All of the offroad buggies use the 2.0 style, so why keep making and stocking the old 1.0 style for the smaller number of GT cars they sell. And hey, more rear grip is always a good thing, especially now with the 0 deg caster blocks available. Getting enough steering should not be a problem. I didn't buy the full 2.0 conversion kit, I already had the 2.0 rear arms and 98mm dogbones from my offroad escale. Swapped in those parts, swapped the stock 1.0 rear hubs from left to right, and used -1mm hexes that I already had. Flipped the sway bar and camber links between front and rear of the shock tower, and reset droop, camber, and ride height. Stoked about running it this Sunday to see how much faster it is.