R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with this* brand?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 04:48 AM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Ryan, are you looking to change brands?Hope not
Mind you I'm in a small Euro country.

Agama -Never saw one.

Associated -Very few seen, 3-4 RC8.2 and where expensive second hand,parts not widely available. When Battle wheeled one of the RC8 the cars were more common.

Durango -Common car years ago, few people have one nowadays.

Hot Bodies -Saw one in person at the LHS, middle of the road price, parts availability is bad.

JQ - Own a LE, some issues like fuel tank lid not really closing and the aluminum threads were tapped with a slightly too big tap, fast car and very tunable, needs longer screws on some key areas, parts availability is low and price is OKish. I like driving it. Never broke anything.

Kyosho -One of the most common buggies, parts are readily available and parts price is the lowest here. Quality issues like using RTR grade aluminum made me stick with the MP7.5, never broke anything and I run Kyosho since 2007.

Losi -Was the most common buggy here a few years ago, parts were expensive and readily available, when Miguel Matias went Xray everyone followed him. I hate this car when I had it, broke 2 parts and I went bankruptcy, SAE screws...

Mugen -Own the 5R and the OG 6, the 5 is a tank in every way the 6 is the complete opposite, have issues with the 6 slim chassis and weird radio box with screw-on lids,when this thing wears it just needs CVD pins and suspension pills, amazing car to drive,parts availability and price are fair, never broke anything but arms bow.

SWORKz -Was a common buggy, a red Mugen with reliability issues.

Tekno -Never saw one personally and I believe never will.

XRAY -Again one of the most common buggies, by the time you need spares a new car has come out, I see a ton of XB9s on the used market with price varying wildly, parts are 40-50% more expensive than other brands, very expensive car.