R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Thanks. I'm completely unfamiliar with orion stuff but the ROAR site says only 1.68 is legal for blinky.

A couple weeks ago we had a local who normally runs mod, run blinky with a R10 pro and reedy mach2 and people were saying his buggy was ballistic (I wasn't there).

He's definitely not the type to cheat so I don't think he did anything against the rules, just wondering if there's anything to the orion thing.
roar approved the original firmware, then orion release a new and a rumored, but unproven cheater firmware.

All i know is my car was definitely faster with it. We did a few blind tests and people could feel the difference. Lol, my buddies kids didnt like it because he said it was too fast and asked his take to put the slower one on.

I heard the rumors and tried it for myself. IMO it definetly feels suspect. But people run that firmware at all of the races i have seen. I dont think they check the firmware, just if it blinks. which is does.

also, the orion brakes are unbelievably good. I call them magic. they grip hard, but are smooth and controlled. Best brakes I have ever tried. And i tried a few