R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally posted by Boomer
Let me know! Just about any time - and Hero's has many good good beers!

I think that we can each come up with at least 5-10 kits/products that genuinely suck.

I worked for CEN for a short time (thank goodness) and know for a fact that there ARE very poor kits and RTR's out there.

Most things don't completely suck in RC, but the fit and finish of the TC4 does NOT rate a 10. . .7, maybe, at best - my expectations are high, now, so I would give it a 5. But the slop and immediate replacement of arms by AE means that the 10 (not by you. . .) demeans the magazine's credibility.
I'll agree for the most part. Remember there has to be crappier stuff for us to base what we think is good with right? The old without evil there is no good!

I'm blanking what we had the Fit and finish on, but remember that overall the fit/finish is very good on the car. The slop in the wheels can be taken up with shims...the steering? That's a little more labor. But there used to be a saying. You build a Losi with shims and a AE with a reamer.

As far as the beer. Let's figure out a day/night where you can come see the dyno (I don't forget we have to show you the light ) and then we can fight over beer and bar food.